Workshops, lectures, podcasts, and interview presentations for clinicians, students and the general public
Dr. Cristen Haltom on the Daily Show
with Chris Sawyer
- 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 Cornell University, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences, Nutrition Counseling course; Mental Health Aspects of Eating Disorders and Interface with Nutrition Treatment.
- American Psychological Association. Webinar Family Treatment of Teen Eating Disorders in Complex Families. Feb. 10, 2023
- American Psychological Association national conference. Family Treatment of Teen Eating Disorders in Complex Families. Minneapolis, MN August 5, 2022.
- Ulster County Eating Disorders Conference. Eating disorders in a changing world: Where do we go from here? Kingston, NY. Dec. 3, 2021
- Provided 6 months of clinical staff training and consultation for The Healing Connection and staff of the Western NY Comprehensive Care Centers for Eating Disorders, Rochester, NY, Family Based Treatment for child and adolescent eating disorders. Funded by KMB for Answers, Inc. 501c-3 tax-exempt organization, Rochester, NY
- American Psychological Association workshop, annual national conference Aug. 5, 2020, currently available online for CE credits: “Understanding Teen Eating Disorders: Meeting New Demands for Multifaceted Family Interventions” : WS308
- 2020 American Psychological Association Convention Workshop presentation: “Understanding Teen Eating Disorders: Meeting New Demands for Multifaceted Family Interventions” WS308 Aug. 5, 2020 and Continuing Education Program (September 2020) online.
- 2019 International Family Therapy Association 2019 Congress, Aberdeen, Scotland. March 30, 2019 presenter: Cris Haltom, PhD, CEDS “Understanding Teen Eating Disorders: Meeting New Demands for Multifaceted Family Interventions.”
- 2018, 2019: Podcast by Cris Haltom and Mary Tantillo about teens and eating disorders: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/ed-matters/e/57757518
- 28th Annual Renfrew Foundation Conference. Philadelphia, Pa. Nov. 9, 2018 “Understanding teen eating disorders: Multi-faceted treatment.” By C. Haltom and M. Tantillo
- 2018, Annual Renfrew Center Foundation Conference for Professionals, Nov. 9, 2018, Understanding Teen Eating Disorders: Meeting New Demands for Multifaceted Treatment – Cris Haltom, PhD, CEDS & Mary Tantillo, PhD, PMHCNS-BC, FAED, CGP
- 2018, 2017, 2016 Ithaca College, Dept. of Psychology, Psychology of Adjustment Course, guest lecture, “Mental Health Aspects of Eating Disorders, April 26, 2016.
- 2015 and 2016 Cornell University, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences, Nutrition Counseling course; Two-lecture series on Mental Health Aspects of Eating Disorders and Interface with Nutrition Treatment. April 6 and 13, 2015, April 11, 2016.
- 2015 International Academy of Eating Disorders Webinar: Tweens and Eating Disorders: Families Caught in the Developmental Crossfire, Nov. 20, 2015
- 2015 WICB radio station, Ithaca, NY: 2 interviews about the nature and causes of eating disorders. Feb. 26, 2015 and March 12, 2015.
- 2015 Cornell Minds Matters and Students for Eating Disorder Awareness, Support and Recovery
- March 9, 2015, Body Image and Body Mindfulness: The Problem with Over Self-Objectification
- 2014 MEDA conference, May 2, 2014. “Tweens and Eating Disorders: Caught in the Developmental Crossfire”, Boston, Mass.
- 2013 Eating Disorders Alpbach 2013, 21st International Conference on Eating Disorders, Innsbruck, Austria, “Collaborative Professional Education for Carers of Those with Eating Disorders,” oral presentation, Oct. 19, 2013., Tyrol, Austria.
- 2012 Bassett Medical Center, Cooperstown, NY, Grand Rounds presentation, Nov. 6, 2012, “Family-Based Treatment for Eating Disorders in Youth.”, Cooperstown, NY.
- 2010-2014 Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, Div. of Nutritional Sciences, lecture: Lecture: “Mental Health Aspects of Eating Disorders”, April 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 Ithaca, NY.
- 2010 Family and Children’s Services, Ithaca, NY 2-hour clinical training. Motivational interviewing and cognitive behavior therapy with eating disorders. July 16, 2010.
- 2010 Cayuga Medical Center, Center for Healthy Living. Panel presentation: The female athlete triad. May 19, 2010, Ithaca, NY.
- 2010 Family and Children’s Services, Ithaca, NY, 2-hour clinical training. “Assessment and Early Intervention with Eating Disorders,” April 16, 2010, Ithaca, NY
- 2010 Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, BRIDGES Body Image Symposium Workshop: Mindful Eating, March 27, 2010
- 2010 Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, Div. of Nutritional Sciences, lecture: Mental Health Aspects of Eating Disorders, April 12, 2010, Ithaca, NY.
- 2010 Family and Children’s Services, Ithaca, NY 3-hour clinical training. “Mental health aspects of eating disorders and treatment overview,” Feb. 5, 2010, Ithaca, NY.
Teens and Eating Disorders: A podcast by Cris Haltom and Mary Tantillo:
Dr. Haltom is also part-time faculty (2011-present) in the Dept. of Psychology at Ithaca College and teaches courses in The Psychology of Adjustment and Positive Psychology.