A family systems approach is used for family work. For adolescent eating disorders, one of 3 evidence-based approaches is chosen, upon family consultation:
- Family Based Treatment (FBT-Cert.)
- Adolescent Focused Therapy (individual therapy with family consultation/support)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy-Enhanced (individual therapy with family consultation/support)
Dr. Haltom has provided clinical trainings about the treatment of eating disorders at local, national and international conferences and for a variety of treatment organizations. This includes multiple trainings and presentations for the American Psychological Association.
(Please review the “Presentations” section of this website for topics available for clinical workshop trainings.)
Specialty-trained psychotherapy is available for treatment of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, sub-clinical and partially-recovered eating disorders and co-morbidities including anxiety, obsessive compulsive and mood disorders.
Treatment for all ages is provided.
Payments / Insurance
We can electronically submit any insurance claims for you.
$140.00 – $150.00 per session
- Student Health Plan (SHP) for Cornell University
- Students: $10 co-pay
- Cornell University employees
- Aetna with $20 co-pay
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- We are not in-network with BC/BS. However, we can provide you with a statement at the time of service that can be submitted to BC/BS for reimbursement. Claim forms for Excellus and Empire BCBS are available upon request. Also, we are currently able to submit BCBS claims for clients electronically with the understanding that all payments are to be made to the insured (patient) only.
Co-pays or full amount due at time of appointment.
Cash, check or MC/V, Discovery, Debit credit cards
Training / Certifications
- Certified Level 2, EMDR Therapist, 1998
- Certified Family-Based Treatment Therapist, FBT-Cert. 2010, see www.TRAIN2TREAT4ED.com
- Certified Eating Disorders Specialist (CEDS), 2013 to present, International. Assoc. of Eating Disorders Professionals Foundation
- Advanced training in DBT, CBT
- Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (CPQ)
PhD Cornell University, Dept. of Psychology, Psychopathology, 1978
New York Sate Licensed Psychologist (1980 to present)
- American Psychological Association
- Academy of Eating Disorders
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals
- International Family Therapy Association
Additional extensive training: Mentorcoach: personal and life coach